Monday, January 5, 2009

what I was doing last night...

Glad I got a bit done last night before the rain set in. This is the first plate for my 'water' print. I'm participating in a Four Oceans Press classic elements print exchange that is due on the 15th. My prints are ready to roll but the weather is not cooperating.
Here's my little work table:


I picked up a few extra large baking sheets on clearance and have found them very useful for inking. I can roll out several colors at once in a small space. They do get cold though. A few weeks ago it was so cold inside the honeycomb that the ink was too stiff to roll out on the sheets. I didn't think oil based inks froze.




And here's the light blue plate hanging to dry. The image is not too clear. I was shivering and had trouble keeping the camera still. Today I think I'll go buy another heater.




No comments:

Post a Comment