Sunday, April 5, 2009

Exchange 40


After chaning my mind and scrapping my original print I am officially behind the 8-ball for my Exchange 40 submission. I'll bust it out as best I can though. I've decided to do a print of the Buffalo River at the Ponca low water crossing bridge in Arkansas. A few weeks ago I traveled there with family and friends to scatter the ashes of my Uncle. It was a profound trip for me in several aspects and I really want to memorialize the event. Of course I am fast approaching deadline and have drawn something which, if I had all the time in the world, would make a great 5 color print. I've knocked my drawing down to a black and white image and now will begin looking at how few plates I can get away with. I'm hoping to make this just a two plate image and think that might be realistic but won't know until I noodle it further. Here's the drawing. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment